Header


--The only blog dedicated to all things LEGO mosaics.--

A Blog by Casey M. and Katie W. | Guest writing by Dave W. and Sean & Steph M.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fun!

I have been a bit slow getting to the BrickCon mosaics.  They'll be coming along, I promise.  But first, here is a BrickCon entry from a different category:  The "Fun Haus" by Paul Hetherington (Brickbaron) was awarded the "Best in Town" award this year.  I know it was in the town category, but look at all the mosaic work!  It's fantastic.

FUN HAUS!


Here's a close-up of the snake mosaic: 

 
FUN HAUS!
 

Check out the ornamentation on the side of the building:

FUN HAUS!

 
Here is a photo of the "Day of the Dead" flower mosaic on the ground, without the rest of the model:

Day of the Dead Mosaic
 
 I love how precisely those butterflies fit together. 
 
 
Here's a close-up of another small bit of ornamentation:
 
FUN HAUS!
 
 
The rotational symmetry makes my heart happy.  When I grow up, I want to build like Paul!  ;-)

P.S.  It moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment